Finals Survival Tips
With the school year coming to an end, we college students tend to have a lot that piles up on our plate. Whether it is a bunch of group assignments, test, or projects, they start flowing in pretty fast. So, I thought this would be a good opportunity to put out a few suggestions to just keep in mind.
1. Start studying ahead of time. If you do, there will be less on your plate when the week actually arrives. Also, it gives you a pretty good overview on what you need to focus on so that you do well.
2. Make sure you sleep. You’re going to burning the midnight oil a lot. That’s a given. But, that doesn’t mean that it’s okay to go three days straight with no sleep. To make sure that doesn’t happen, make a to do list, then STICK TO IT. You’ll be thanking yourself when you’re not sleeping on your test.
3. Eat. I shouldn’t have to put this on here, but some may be surprised on how often people forget to get food during finals week. Make sure you stop studying for a little bit to feed yourself. You’ll find it’s easier to focus when your stomach isn’t yelling at you.
4. Don’t Panic. It is a stressful time, but don’t put more stress on your shoulders than necessary. Say no to plans if you don’t have the time for them. Prioritize what you need to get done.
5. Take some me time. With the constant work load that is coming up, don’t forget to take some time for yourself. Once again, say no to plans if you don’t feel like you have time for them. Your friends will understand, and you’ll feel a lot better afterwards. Take some time, read a book, watch an episode of your favorite show, veg out for a couple minutes, listen to the radio. Do something that you can do for a little bit to recharge.
That’s all I have for now. Happy studying!