My Top 5 Childhood TV Shows
Childhood TV shows. We all have our favorites that we thought were the coolest thing ever. I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites to see if anyone else has the same ones.
1. Danny Phantom Danny Phantom is an awesome show. Good characters, life lessons that can be applied to some kids life and is engaging enough to keep young adults interested are all good qualities to have in a show. While Danny may not have always made the best decisions in the show, he took the consequences in stride and cleaned up his mess. It also had some deeper elements that I was not able to appreciate until I got older. The fact that I can still watch this show and still enjoy it is why it is still one of my favorite shows.
2. SpongeBob SquarePants This is on the list strictly because of how much it has leaked into my life today. I don’t think I’ve gone a day without quoting something from an episode since I’ve gotten to Olivet College. It has a bunch of funny one liners and I don’t have to think to hard while watching it, which is a rarity now.
3. Fairly Odd Parents The show is on here for some of the same reasons SpongeBob is. It’s easy to watch, entertaining, and has a bunch of great one liners. It also had some pretty good messages imbedded in it. Timmy did not always make great decisions, but he learned from them, which is a good thing to expose kids to.
4. Scooby Doo It’s the one show that we all most likely grew up with. My personal favorites are the original episodes and “What’s new, Scooby Doo?”. It did follow the monster of the week tv show formula, but it had some pretty good humor that you could still enjoy today.
5. Avatar the Last Airbender It was my favorite out of all favorites, and still is. It has a really good plot that actually advances. You see the struggles that each character faces and eventually overcomes. Each season has another goal to work towards, but still keeps a very human feeling to these fictional characters. Another reason why this show is still easily one of my favorite is because of the character development. The characters are all so different at the end of the series than how they started out. The creators made you care about them like they weren’t just fictional characters and gets you invested in them. It is by far one of the best animated series I’ve ever seen.
Those are just a few of the many TV shows that I loved while growing up.
Feel free to comment what your favorite shows were below. Have a great day!